Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 004 + 005

Learning experience, learning experience!

Day 004

I worked out in the morning as planned and also went shopping for ingredients for my snacks. I spent roughly 30USD total, including items to make Chicken-Zucchini Alfredo which turned out delicious- sans needing more cheese since I barely used 1/3 of what the recipe called for-- we were out of Parmesan at home. 600 calories a serving, though, even if I make it "light". I think I'll probably make it again sometime with mushrooms and roma tomatoes as some of the commenters have suggested, but definitely not often. 600 calorie meals should be a treat, not a regular thing!

Day 005 (today)

I didn't work out in the morning which I have to say is a bad thing! I barely squeezed in 4/5 of my workout just now, having only done one set of each exercise because I'm packed for the rest of the night! I overslept this morning and then had to rush to get ready to go to the beach today; I had a get together planned with a friend. Terrible idea to oversleep, terrible idea to put off my exercises.

I will say that I'm super proud of myself for still getting into my workout clothes (I think I should invest in some more sensible clothes like a new bra; right now I'm doubling up on them) and actually doing at least something for tonight, even though I could have just as easily have said "fuck it!"-- I did it and I'm proud for at least getting something done.

On another note, I gotta say that the yoga moves felt really great tonight and I felt I could sink into the poses much more easily than I could 5 days ago. Felt great. Progress- do I see it around the corner?

And yey- only 2 more days and I'll have completed a week! One day at a time, though, and as long as I keep blogging, I'll stay motivated!

No comments: